Monday 23 April 2012

oh dear...

                  So, I have been pathetic recently at blogging, I promise to improve on how often I blog.
I have been busy completing my final project for my first year at university, the first part of the project was for fashion fabric where I produced 3 garment fronts; I chose to complete a swing skirt. I used a floral theme where I decided to keep my designs almost all white with elements of creams, pale peaches and pale beige. One of the skirts is complete and the other two are almost complete, I will update me blog with images of the skirts once I have took some photos of a good quality, I promise J
The second part of this project is for furnishing fabrics based on a Neo-Classical theme. I struggled to get into producing drawings for this as my research wasn’t spot on but once I corrected my research my drawings worked much better. I used my original drawings to produce patterns in repeat (I will upload images of these also, soon J) I chose my final design and produced a graph in repeat which I then traced onto my koda trace. Very time consuming and patience is key!
Tracing my repeat onto my graph through my boyfriends glass table, made the job so much easier!
My graph, half complete
Ready to trace my graph onto my Koda Trace, scary!
 
My complete Koda Trace

And there are some close-ups!
Im going to work back into some of them to make my Koda Trace and screen a bit more interesting :)

Love, Rose Ann
x

No comments:

Post a Comment