Tuesday 3 July 2012

So, I've recently completed a short work experience with This Is Creative Enterprise. I along with two other textiles students, one being a close friend of mine, Nicole and 2 fashion students were helping 6 students to produce a dress each, these students have worked their way through the project and have all made it to this stage; The Gold Stage. The dresses are being produced for a young girl name Shauna who won the Teenage Kicks singing competition in 2011. Shauna is going to choose her favourite dress which will be worn later this year at a high profile performance.
The placement was only 3 days long and we had to adapt dress patterns to the students design, cut all the material pieces, construct and add embellishment in this time. Pretty intense I know! We were paired up with a student to help them along with making the dress and I along with Tiffany, the student I was working with managed to get all of the dress complete except for one side of the zip sewn on and final touches.....how upsetting!
Anyway, they will be complete before the final show where I will get some more photos. Below are a few photos I managed to get along the way.

















No comments:

Post a Comment